As a part of life, we experience many losses.
These losses often go underground and contribute to tension, sadness, anger, resentment and deep fear that get played out in our day-to-day lives.
Ungrieved life events include
- The effects of divorce on parents, children and the family.
- Dysfunction in the family
- Losing family members to addiction or mental illness.
- Life transitions
- Relationships ending
- Loss of parts of ourselves
- Unrealized dreams and wishes
You may be experiencing unresolved grief if you connect with any of the following statements or questions.
- I have lost someone very close to me.
- I feel numb and detached.
- I feel a tiredness that has been with me for months.
- I have feelings of hopelessness.
- I miss parts of myself.
- I am tired of feeling disappointed.
- I am afraid that if I feel, it will overtake me.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.Maya Angelou
Why you should seek help and how therapy can help you
Unresolved grief and loss can impact our present-day joy, fulfillment, work and the quality of our relationships.
We bring our undealt with pain wherever we go and it colors our world.
I have helped many adults give voice to the losses in their life so it no longer weighs them down.
Just like outdated computer software, by processing and feeling these losses with a knowledgeable and trained professional we can reboot and update our internal programming to live the life we desire.
Therapy will support you in acknowledging the loss to its full extent, telling your story with support, examining if current behavior is impacted by the loss, separating the past from the present and creating new meaning, insight and behavior into your life patterns.
Healing from grief yields
- Increased capacity and mindshare
- Increased production and efficiency
- Greater sense of satisfaction and connectedness in relationships
- Improved sleep and a reduction in physical pain such as headaches, stomach aches and overall physical tension
- Increased energy for things that bring fulfillment
You deserve to live a full, creative life.
Healing from grief gives us access to our creativity, freedom and spontaneity so that we can be fully engaged in our present-day lives.
Take the first step by scheduling a free 15-minute phone consultation.
I look forward to hearing from you.