Our modern lifestyles can leave us feeling overscheduled, fatigued and burned out.
If we adopt the cultural norm that more is better, we can be in a constant state of overdrive.
Then add on perfectionistic behaviors and no wonder why we feel so stressed.
Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.Howard Thurman
You may be experiencing burnout if you connect with any of the following statements or questions.
- I do my work for the money but I feel unsatisfied.
- Why do I not feel inspired?
- I haven’t had the luxury to dream.
- I would like to reach my full potential.
- I want to feel like what I do for work matters.
- I want to work with a team that values me.
- I can’t seem to find the motivation I need to do my job.
Why you should seek help and how therapy can help you
Burnout is a state of chronic stress that can cause physical symptoms such as insomnia, stomach aches, headaches, or intestinal issues.
Unaddressed it can lead to a compromised immune system. It also robs us of our joy and satisfaction for the work we are doing.
Therapy can help you take a look at what is driving you and assess the costs of your behavior.
There may be messages that you received that are undermining your success and freedom.
Making the unconscious drivers conscious and evaluating your values and goals for your life can help you live a life of integrity.
Healing from burnout yields
- A return to emotional balance
- Increased energy and motivation
- Greater sense of professional satisfaction
- Improved sleep and a reduction in physical pain such as headaches, stomach aches and overall physical tension
- A commitment to nourishing yourself
- Feeling resourced and engaged
- Access to your spontaneity and creativity
Never be afraid to fall apart because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all alongRae Smith
Life is too short to settle for less.
You are worthy of enjoying a balanced, fulfilling life.
Take the first step by scheduling a free 15-minute phone consultation.
I look forward to hearing from you.